Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Triathlon

After I registered for this race I found out  most of the people on my triathlon team were also running it.  I was excited to participate with my team members. The night before I went to bed at around 10:30 PM and didn't wake up until around 6 AM. 7 1/2 hours of sleep! That's boats loads better than the 3 hours that I'd gotten in the past.

I lined up for the swim.  I felt much more confident in the pool since the last triathlon.  I passed three people in the water and was pumped to move on to the next portion. My 350 meter swim time was 8:31. I'd cut off 1.5 minutes off of my swim time in a month! The bike portion was good.  I passed a lot of people and only got passed by one guy because I was stuck at a red light.  I yelled out to my team mates and people I knew on the course.  12.5 mile bike time 42:58. I got on my bike and ran out of transition 2. My legs were numb and felt like dead weight.  I've decided I love that feeling.  It makes me push myself so much more than if I felt normal. I passed many people on the run and even caught up to some of my team mates who were ahead of me in the swim.  In past races I've done there has been that one girl that passes me and just flies by and gets my 3rd place spot. Not today! I passed at least a dozen people.  I kept pace with a guy with a bountiful bicycle tri kit on through the bike and run.  At the last mile he started walking and I passed him.  I sprinted to the finish line and felt elated. My run time was 29:18 which at first I was a little upset at myself but then I found out that the run was 3.5 miles not 3.11. Total time 1:22:45. 3rd in my age group! After three 4th places this year I got my 3rd place finish! My coach Lora Erickson also place 1st overall female! Go TBR!

No comments:

Post a Comment